Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Abdullah Shah Ghazi Attack - Update 3 - Comments Edition

After the long-ish blog post I wrote when XYZ of Cafe Pyala speculated on the possibility of Sipah-e-Sahaba or its offshoots being behind the attacks, reader Shahid had some very pertinent things to add in the comments section. The result was that we went even further into the history of sectarian organisations in Pakistan. I showed him a book I have, and we agreed that the attack was likely by some variant of a sectarian organisation in Pakistan. It's worth a read to find out where these monsters originated from.

4 comments:

Shahid said...

I'm honoured :)

TLW said...

You helped sir. Maybe you have a blog, twitter or open blogger profile?

Shahid said...

I tweet at @shahidsaeed
And @rshakoor brought to my notice this paper on sectarian militancy in Jhang.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39400801/Sectarian-Militancy-case-Study-of-Jhang

Shahid said...

And this report as well

http://www.rcss.org/publication/policy_paper/RCSS%20Policy%20Studies%209.pdf