Friday, November 12, 2010

Imran Farooq and the Concept of "Hiding" in Pakistan - II

A twitter question and reply, reminded me of this post of mine on the "fact" that Imran Farooq, the recently murdered exiled leader of the MQM was hiding in Karachi for 7 years, and was not found by the military establishment. Possibly because of fanatically dedicated followers.

Anyway, relating to Pakistan's wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider's disappearance in Dubai, and reappearance as an exile from Pakistani cricket in the UK here's a tweet.

I reckon it's easier to hide in the UK than in Pakistan/UAE. Unless you're Osama Bin Laden.

And here is friend of the blog Karachi Khatmal's response:

It's easier to hide in Pak, easier to be safe in UK

I think what gets me is the next tweet he wrote:

show me a morally perfect pakistani cricketer, and i'll show you a starving man

Ouch. Also, so true, too.

No comments: